Saturday, March 28, 2009

Deep thoughts

The crisis of our time is a crisis of intellectual integrity. We are suffering a deluge, in which common sense is drowned by the career logic of millions of nonentities. They are nonentities because they are careerists, because they have put something trivial above what is non-trivial. Their indifference to truth is seen in their daily compromises, their evasions, their manipulations of each other. They have become accustomed to subtle distortions, euphemisms and rationalizations. “I have to make a living,” says the salesman. “I have to win votes,” says the politician. “I have to raise my ratings,” says the television personality. “I have to keep my job,” says the employee.

Speaking Truth to Power
by J. R. Nyquist
Weekly Column Published: 03.27.2009
http://www.financialsense.com/stormwatch/geo/pastanalysis/2009/0327.html

No comments: