Sunday, November 29, 2009

Problem solving maestro

The problem begins with the loss of AOL id's on Itunes.....


So being a "good guy" I try to register a new ID



The result, stupid account info will not link to purchased music from AOL account info...

I then try to work inside the system....


Customer First Name : Barry
Customer Last Name : Buchholz
email : bearbuc@vvvvvvvvvv
Web Order # :
Support Subject : iTunes Store Account and Billing
Sub Issue :
See additional info below
OS version: Windows 7
Country: US
iTunes version: iTunes 9.0
iTunes account name: bearbuc@yahoo.com
Specific request: I can't sign in with my AOL account
AOL account billing address: address
AOL account billing city: St. Johns
AOL account billing state: MI
AOL account billing zip: 48879
AOL account billing phone number:
AOL account name: bxxxxxxxx
Details:
Please sync aol account to this apple account. The wizard DOES NOT WORK.

Thank you





----- Original Message ----
From: iTunes Store
To: bearbuc@vvvvvvvvvv
Sent: Mon, November 2, 2009 2:53:58 PM
Subject: Re: iTunes Store Account and Billing; Follow-up: 86909648

Dear Barry,

Hi i am Danielle. I'm sorry but I was unable to determine the nature of your inquiry based on the information you have provided. I am not sure if you are wanting to convert your aol account to an apple, or merge accounts. Please reply to this email with more information about the issue you are experiencing, as well as the text of any error messages you may be receiving. I look forward to your reply.

I thank you for your patience and if you have any other questions please feel free to reply to this e-mail and i will be more than happy to assist you.

Sincerely,


Danielle
iTunes Store Customer Support

Please Note: I work Monday-Friday 11:00 am-8:00 pm CT

Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to assist you. You may receive an AppleCare survey email; any feedback you provide would be greatly appreciated.


TrackID: 8693371

Full ViewRe: iTunes Store Account and Billing; Follow-up: 86909648
From: iTunes Store Add to Contacts
To: bearbuc@vvvvvvvvvvv


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Reply:

Itunes will NOT allow me to use the older aol account info to authorize my pc. It always goes to the wizard to create an apple account but then nothing else.
All my music under the older AOL account will not play.
____________________________________________________________________________________

Hi Barry,

Shaunna here from the iTunes Store and I will be happy to assist you today on behalf of my colleague, Danielle, who is currently out of the office.

I'm sorry to hear that you have been experiencing some difficulty converting your AOL ID to an Apple ID. I can convert your account for you. Before I can do this, however, Apple requires that you provide the following for security reasons:

- The billing address listed on the account
- Your permission to reset the password

...as well as one of the following:

- the last four digits of the credit card used for your iTunes Store account
- or the order number of your most recent purchase
- or the name of any item you've purchased using this account

Upon receiving your response, Apple will verify your information, reset your password, and send you an email with your new password.

Barry, ensuring this matter is resolved for you is important to me, so I'll make sure to contact you again shortly if I do not hear back from you. To reach me again, simply reply to this email. Thank you for your understanding and have a wonderful day!

With Warm Regards,

Shaunna
iTunes Store Customer Support

Please note: Please note: My hours are Sunday - Thursday 1:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. EST

Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to assist you. You may receive an AppleCare survey email; any feedback you provide would be greatly appreciated.




My Solution......




After three emails and the stupid wizard this should have been an easy fix for them.
Now I will rip all my music....

And the wizard in Itunes is still broke.

No comments: